Pages

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Flat Cookies

Today, this overcast but nicely winter-y first day of 2011, I decided to make some cookies.  I had been planning to make Pioneer Woman's ("P-dubs" if you're tight with her like I am) recipe for Malted Chocolate Chip Cookies with the substitution of some gluten-free flour for my dear friend Kattus (any celiac reading this knows I had already gone wrong in the inception stage).  They came out like this:



And to add insult to injury, can anyone guess malted milk's number one ingredient?  Yes, that's correct: wheat flour!  Yay!

Weirdly, though, the scraped-off bits of cookie (the only way I could get them off of the cookie sheet) are DELICIOUS.  That Pioneer Woman really knows what she's about.

Anyhoodle, I thought this insignificant vignette might serve as well as anything for an introduction.  Hi, I'm Lacey.  I have a beautiful baby girl, a darling husband, and a joyful life.  But sometimes I forget to read the instructions.

2 comments:

  1. Lacey! I love this! I only just discovered it in the traffic stats on my blog and I'm so excited to get caught up. I've always wondered why you didn't have a blog :) Thanks for linking me my dear! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shannon! Thanks!! I meant to email you that I had linked to you when I saw your update that you had resurrected the blog but I forgot! Glad you found me =) Looking forward to reading your new stuff!

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS