Pages

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Five Favorites - Volume 1



I love favorite things lists (mine and everyone else's)... such a fun way to reflect on the little things each week.


1. We found a new item at Costco this week: Lee's coffee concentrate.  Oh my goodness. Have you had this coffee?  It is AMAZING.  And now I have enough of it to last me an extremely long time and it's at HOME.




2. This new L'Oreal lip gloss in Endless Red. It's sort of a weird formula that's part stain/part gloss, but I really like the color and the stain stays put quite well.  It's definitely a bolder color than I normally wear, but I like it.



3. I am mildly obsessed with these.  They are SO GOOD.  I make up excuses to go to Sprouts so I can buy them. 


4. If you're a stay at home type, you want to read Quotidian Mysteries. An excerpt:
We want life to have meaning, we want fulfillment, healing and even ecstasy, but the human paradox is that we find these things by starting where we are, not where we wish we were. We must look for blessings to come from unlikely, everyday places-- out of Galilee, as it were-- and not in spectacular events, such as the coming of a comet.
I love Kathleen Norris, and this speaks to me where I am right now.


Teapot

5. I found this Peter Rabbit teapot at a thrift store last week and Juliana and I have been having tea parties with it.  Tea and literature!  It doesn't get better than that!


Hallie has lots more at her place-- go visit!

13 comments:

  1. I loved the Quotidian Mysteries. I remember it really made an impression on me. I probably should revisit it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am loving it, but haven't finished it yet.

      Delete
  2. I love the tea pot and the quote!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh I've been looking for a good red color to try, I'll to check the one out you mentioned! thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a good mix of warm and cool red... very nice!

      Delete
  4. Oh, that teapot is precious. And I'm gonna look for that book.

    ReplyDelete
  5. yes, I'm a sucker for cosmetic products. Endless Red here I come. Chip Ins are delish. Wish they had a spicy variety though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I checked and they had buffalo and jalapeno ranch, neither of which I have had, so I can't recommend. But they do exist, so that's good!

      Delete
  6. Oh my gosh - the teapot!! so sweet! amazing what you can find while thrifting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I wasn't looking for a teapot but I couldn't pass that one up.

      Delete
  7. You're the third person to recommend Quotidian Mysteries in the last week. Must be a sign. :)

    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS