Pages

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

J's Room

This is a kill two birds with one stone kind of post.  A friend of mine has been asking me for ages for pictures of the baby's room, so I thought I'd show it off now, in all its before and after glory.

Here is the room when we first bought our house, about two years ago.

Ack.  Sorry.  So blurry.  Oh well, you get the idea.  Do note the wallpaper border at the top and the rust orange carpet.  Woo!


When we first moved in we were remodeling the master bedroom and bathroom, so we lived in here for a while.  I can't find any pictures of it like that, but if I do, I'll update.


Once we found out I was pregnant we started thinking about nursery ideas.  We both knew we didn't want to find out the baby's gender, so we came up with a gender neutral room.  Its theme?  The Jungle Cruise. Do pay special attention to the bead board.  My sweet hubs spent the better part of three days installing it (with the help of my dear uncle and some good friends).



Here you can see the huge, awesome vintage Disneyland map we had framed above the changing table and our cool stuffed tiger.  Hanging from the ceiling fan is J's favorite thing ever: it's a movable butterfly.  If you pull on the red ball the wings flap.  It mesmerizes her.


Obviously I didn't fix her bedskirt (that my mom made!) before taking pictures.  Please ignore.


In this one you can sort of see the photos I took of the Jungle Cruise that I mounted on 12x12 canvases.  I love how these came out!  The quilt was made for J by her abuelita.  Gorgeous.


 



The red bookcase matched the one I just moved (see this post) until my mom painted it for me.  Above her coat hanger you can see the awesome vintage-style Jungle Cruise poster from Disneyland that my bestie gave us for Christmas (are we sensing a "friends and family gift/help" theme?  That is because we are surrounded by amazing, talented people who are incredibly generous with us.  We are blessed beyond belief).


 



More of the same!  This is about as wide as I could get.


Even though we didn't finish until two months or so after she was born (ehh, potato/potahto), I love how the room came out.

2 comments:

  1. So cute! I love all the little details, and that MAP! Wherever did you find such a thing?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The map is the best part! A friend of my husband's had it tucked away in a file folder in her high school classroom for like 30 years. She pulled it out, dusted it off and said "would you guys want this? I know you like Disneyland." I squealed and grabbed it before she changed her mind. It's so huge we had to have it custom mounted and framed at Michaels. Totally worth it.

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS