Pages

Thursday, March 31, 2011

7 Quick Takes Friday- Volume 2


--1--


I am pretty sure that blogging is supposed to include more than just Quick Takes, but the last two weeks have not been blogging-friendly.  Oh well, carry on (as Uncle Tim would say)!


 


--2--


I have a problem: I am completely addicted to Kindle samples.  It's really a problem.  I think I've downloaded about 10 books and about 30 samples.  Anytime anyone mentions a book, in any situation, I immediately go on Amazon and download the sample.  It works really well because I have sort of a "reading to-do list" on my Kindle at all times, but it is also contributing to my shortened attention span, I fear.


Here are a few of the many I have on there (most of which I really want to read to completion):


The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks


Furious Love: Elizabeth Taylor, Richard Burton, and the Marriage of the Century


Blood, Bones, and Butter: The Inadvertent Education of a Reluctant Chef


The Hiding Place


Major Pettigrew's Last Stand


As Always, Julia: The Letters of Julia Child and Avis DeVoto


A Million Miles in a Thousand Years: How I Learned to Live a Better Story


There is a lot of non-fiction in there, now that I look at them together.  Usually that's not so much my bag.  Interesting.  If anyone has any suggestions for other books that I need to download (a sample of), do let me know!


 


--3--


This here?  This is a problem too.  Lots of problems around here, apparently.



That is an empty non-decaf coffee at about 3:30 yesterday.  I specifically requested a decaf, and much to-do was made about making it a decaf, but it was most definitely NOT a decaf.   For other, regular humans this might not be an issue, but I am not a regular human. My super-(sub-?)human caffeine sensitivity is well known hither and yon.  Anyways, my insane hyper chatter made my coworkers and then husband crazy for the rest of the day and I think I finally passed out once the caffeine had exited my system around 3am.  No more McD's coffees for me.


 


--4--


This is J's newest face.  No further comment.



 


--5--


I have two cooking posts coming up this week!  My poor husband has had to put up with my taking pictures of every step of our dinners for the past week or so.  He's such a good sport.


 


--6--


We're working our way through my birthday present: the ENTIRE series of I Love Lucy.  I had forgotten how much I love this episode:







I do love her.  She cracks me up.


 


--7--


No seven!  Can't think of anything and I don't want to pull a "high school junior" and BS the last one!


Thanks to Jen at Conversion Diary for hosting Quick Takes Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS